Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas Pajamas - Day 5

On the 5th day of Christmas Pajamas my mommy put on me...a scowl like no other...


Actually it was Grammy taking these pictures; she's like a paparazzo, lol!
 He looks this way because he is sick, and had a fever all day long. Poor little guy :-(



And then, the meds kicked in! So, here's the full-length shot that counts for the actual picture. 

On the 5th day of Christmas my mommy put on me cuuuuute reindeer foo-ties!


"I'm on Grandma's Nice list, Santa on green footies, Nutcrackers crackin' 
and snowflakes and sock monkeys."


I do have to admit...we're only on Day 5, and already I'm losing steam and feeling like a ridiculous cuteness-exploiting mom! But at the same time, I feel like we've made it almost half way, I should just keep going. Otherwise I'd feel like a quitter. Just please, please know I'm not trying to be one of "those" kind of moms, please! I'd be mortified if any of you thought that about me, the setting up photo ops for photo ops sake kind. It was more about my love for pajamas, especially the cute Christmas ones I kept seeing. Ok, enough justifying, please just know where I'm coming from here! 

Today we literally just laid around. It was weird, it was like I got a glimpse of what it would be like to have a low-energy child. LOL. But it's also weird, for as tired and crazy as he can make me on the days he's not feeling bad, and how on those days I just wish for days where we could just lie around, when I get my wish, like today, it just doesn't feel right, and it's not what I want, because it's not right, and so I'd then give anything to have my crazy boy back. Isn't that a funny/interesting conundrum (and a really long sentence I've not got the energy to rewrite)? I've decided (or been let in on the age-old wisdom) that motherhood is a grand series of paradoxes, conundrums, perplexities, limbos, if/thens, and/buts, both/neithers and nowhere and everywhere in between all of those things. Do you other ladies think that about sums it up? It's a insane and beautiful thing, just as it should be.

Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden




2 comments:

  1. I love the 12 days of Christmas Pajamas!!! I am totally stealing this adorable idea next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I would be glad to see Gideon carry on this torch! The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete