On the twelfth day of Christmas my mommy put on me snowmen-skiing-on-candycanes (make it work people! ha!)
"Snowmen-skiing-on-candycanes, Twelve Days of Christmas, Santa saying 'ho-ho',
green santas-and-reindeer, santa flying rockets, a-stripey Christmas monkey,
grey and navy Santas, red reindeer footies, I'm on Grandma's nice list,
green Santa footies, nutcrackers crackin' and snowflakes and sock monkeys!"
So, while the twelfth and final pair of pj’s seems to have arrived two days early, I decided it works out, since Christmas Eve and Christmas are days we will be too busy to look at silly things like Christmas pajamas. With that, as you are busy these next few days, I hope you are busy enjoying yourself, instead of busy stressing out. I hope you are busy living, laughing and loving, instead of busy making sure everything looks perfect and like Martha Stewart did it (unless you are Martha Stewart - hey Martha, glad to have you as a reader of my blog!) I hope you are busy soaking up the glow in the eyes of your babies and kids, instead of busy locking yourself in the bathroom to get away from it all. I know I will be busy enjoying Dresden’s second Christmas, and the first Christmas where he actually understands how to open his presents (and is already VERY eager to do, we can’t keep him from going over to the tree every chance he gets). And I will be busy thinking about Mary, and how much she loved her little tiny boy. Ever since having Dresden, I think about that a lot, and especially this and last Christmas. I cannot even imagine the overwhelming feelings she had, and how she gave birth in a STABLE people - a stable! And then the other day I was wondering, did one of the animals have to gnaw through the umbilical cord, or how did Joseph handle the whole thing? Or was the wife of the innkeeper whose stable it was there to help out? But that’s only when I let my imagination really run away with me. Mostly I just think about how Jesus was just a baby. A sweet, innocent little baby; yet he was also the Savior of the world. And Mary was holy, but first and foremost she was just a mama, His mama. Wow.
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a beautiful next two days, and stay busy making many joyful memories.
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden




No comments:
Post a Comment