I was quite proud that he picked out his race car hat which matched perfectly all by himself ;-)
Little man has an impeccable sense of style already!
"Grey and navy Santas, Cuuuute reindeer footies, I'm on Grandma's Nice list, Santa on green footies, Nutcrackers crackin' and snowflakes and sock monkeys."
(Please bear with me, I am starting to lose the tune in my head to make these phrases all make sense.
I will listen to the song again before I do Day 7.)
Oh, and don't let the calm, cool Mario Andretti face from today's pics fool you, he's still totally sick. About an hour after these pictures were taken I was cleaning up curdled milk-vomit off his face, out of his ears, from his curly hair, and scraping the excess off his sheet (oh, and then I washed the sheet, not just scraped the excess off and put him back on it, lol. Just to clarify, in case you were like "WHAT?!?!"). That's right, I just totally gave you the CSI run-down; a visceral description of the job of motherhood at it's finest. Yum! And the icing on the cake (cuz why not use a food metaphor in the same paragraph as vomit)? This is the second night in a row this has happened! Only last night it was in our bed, and our pillowcases and sheets took the brunt. I ended up sleeping with Dresden on my chest the entire night in the twin bed in his room, covered only by the corner of one of his baby blankets I had covering him. And it was cold, even with this little 23-pound furnace lying on top of me. I'm actually quite pleased and surprised I've regained full movement in my left arm from how he was cutting off the circulation by way of my armpit laying. Just lucky I guess! I am praying tonight we fare better. I do have to say, I wish I looked half as cute as this kid does when I am sick. He makes convalescent look good; curdled milk-vomit and all!
Sweet dreams ;-D
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden



No comments:
Post a Comment